Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: enough for 2-3 people
- 1 large Onion
• 1 medium Pepper
• 2½ oz cottage cheese
• 10 oz Tomato Soup
• ½ cup Water
• 15 large Green Cabbage Leaves
• ¼ cup White Vinegar
• 7½ oz Spanish-Style Rice Mix
• 15 oz Tomatoes (stewed with juice)
• 2 tsp Vegetable Oil
|1. Place a large bowl with water and place it on low to medium heat|
2. Briskly chop the cabbage and put it in water and let it boil for about 30 minutes.
|3. Once it starts to boil reduce the heat and pour some vinegar.|
|4. Let the heat be low and let them simmer until the water starts to evaporate.|
5. Drain the water when reduced and set the cabbage aside to cool.
6. Now open the Spanish style rice mix and cook it following the cooking direction.
7. Chop mixed pepper into thin slices, chop the onion into dices and smash the cottage cheese
8. Now place a frying pan on medium to high heat.
9. Pour in some oil and sauté the peppers, onion and cottage cheese.
10. Reduce the heat and cook for around 3-5 minutes until it starts becoming golden brown.
|11. Preheat the oven for around 10-15 at 350 degrees.|
12. Grease the baking dish with some oil.
13. Now place the boiled cabbage leaf in it.
14. Now put in the pepper, onions and cottage cheese.
|15. Place a cabbage leaf and spoon the prepared content inside.|
|16. Roll the cabbage leaf along with the mixture|
17. Now pour in tomatoes sauce on top of the roll.
18. Wrap this in an aluminum foil and bake it for 10-15 minutes at 200 degrees or until cabbage become tender.
19. Gently take out the roll from the oven and place it in a serving dish.
20. Open the aluminum foil and serve hot with some tortilla chips.