What is the Yoast SEO?
Yoast SEO is one of WordPress’s most common plugins. Yoast incorporates several features to monitor the website’s SEO with precision. It tests your posts and/or pages readability and gives you advice on how to improve your website content.
How to install the Yoast SEO plugin?
1. Log in to your WordPress Dashboard, click on ” Extension, ” then on ” Add. “
2. Find the Yoast SEO extension and click the ” Install ” button.
3. Click on the ” Activate ” button, which will replace the ” Install ” button.
How to configure Yoast SEO?
1. After installing Yoast SEO on your WordPress Dashboard, click on the SEO tab on the right menu.
2. If you click on the ” Configuration Wizard ” link, Yoast SEO will help you configure the basic settings.
3. Start configuring your module by clicking on the ” Configure Yoast SEO ” button.
4. You have two options to choose from. If your site is already online and ready to be indexed by search engines, choose option A. Otherwise, choose option B, which will prevent the indexing of your site. Then click on the ” Next ” button.
5. Choose the type of website you have put online. You have the choice between a blog, an online store, a news channel, for example. Choose the type of site that best meets your needs. Once you have made your choice, click on the ” Next ” button.
6. This step will define whether you are a natural person or a company. If you choose ” Company, “you will be asked to indicate your company name and provide a logo. In the case of a natural person, only the first and last name will be requested. Once completed, click on the ” Next ” button. This section will help provide additional information to Google
7. The ” Social profiles ” section allows you to indicate your different pages (Facebook, Twitter, for example). Click ” Next ” to continue.
8. The ” Search engine visibility ” section allows you to choose whether or not you want to index certain types of content on search engines. Most of the time, it is advisable to leave these default values. Click on ” Next. “
9. If you are the only person blogging, it is best to check ” No. ” This will allow Yoast SEO to automatically mark the archives in No index in order to avoid duplicate publications. Click on the ” next ” button.
10. The Google Search Console is a tool for displaying information about how your website is performing in Google organic search. If you already have Google Search Console in place, it may be useful to allow Yoast to import information.
11. As your title appears in the search engine results, the title settings allow you to separate the title of your site and the title of your page by adding a character. Define the desired character and click on the ” Next ” button.
How to optimize an article with Yoast SEO?
Yoast SEO will analyze your content, checking SEO quality, and readability. The module appears in the text editor when you add a new article and / or a new page.
1. In the Zone allowing to analyze the SEO of your article, enter a keyword in order to be able to optimize your content. The plugin will tell you what is good and what is not on your post or page.
2. Beyond this first analysis, you can modify the description and the title of your article. This description will appear on search engines. You can modify it by clicking on the ” Modify metadata ” button. You can see a preview while editing the content.
3. The ” Readability ” tab is mainly about optimizing your content for search engines. In this tab, Yoast SEO tries to determine how readable your content is for visitors. Yoast SEO will offer you to make changes for more readability.
You are now able to install the Yoast Seo module and use it to optimize the content of your WordPress site on your LWS web hosting. Yoast SEO is one of the best plugins for optimizing your web content for search engines.