Rent a car services are a convenient alternative to long journeys between two points on the map. Car rentals have at least one thing in common, regardless of the location of their services, the fact that they will never have the same rates for beginner drivers.
In reality, it is very difficult for a driver with less than one year from the time of obtaining the license ever to get a car from the car rental companies. Even after this minimum period of one year of experience, beginner drivers are charged additional fees or cash deposits as a guarantee well above the amounts required of more experienced drivers.
Rent a car – why is it worth it, even for beginner drivers?
It is clear that an inexperienced driver will pay more and will face stricter controls throughout the rental process of a car. However, car rental services are still a solution that beginner drivers should consider when traveling to other cities.
First of all, for an inexperienced driver, a very long journey by car from one end of the country to the other or abroad is challenging. It is not recommended that the first few such trips be made unaccompanied.
For a beginner driver who travels unaccompanied, it can be even more advantageous to rent a car at the destination. Depending on the number of kilometers traveled, the price of a train or plane ticket may be lower than the cost of fuel.
Tips for renting a car in the best conditions
Because most car rental services have relatively strict rules, it is always a good idea for beginner drivers to plan everything carefully in advance. For safety and a hassle-free experience, the following aspects are important to follow:
1. Choosing the rental company – First of all, the interested drivers must make sure that the service provider selected rents cars, including beginner drivers. The safest method of confirmation is to contact them by email or phone.
2. Correct cost estimation – The costs displayed on the websites of rental companies may not apply to beginner drivers. When discussing with the service provider, the rates must be communicated correctly for the age of the driving license and the age of the driver.
3. Choosing the car – For a beginner driver, the rented car should be one with which he is already accustomed. For example, if a driver normally drives a car with an automatic transmission, it is not recommended that he rent a car with a manual transmission.
4. Reservation – The reservation of a rented car must be made in advance, especially if the city visited is a tourist one in a summer period. It is not always a good idea to make a reservation with the first car rental company found. Sometimes local service providers offer better prices than large companies.
5. Car rental and return – Many drivers choose to rent a car at the airport. This is not always the best idea because some specialized companies charge special rates and surcharges for airport rentals. Often, the first day of a vacation or a trip is lost with hotel accommodation and rest after the trip, so a rental day is paid only for the road from the airport.
The car must be carefully inspected when it is picked up from the company because any subsequent damage can be put on the bill.
Before handing over the car, it is recommended to fill the tank (if it was rented with the tank full) because the price of the fuel is calculated with additional taxes to the rental company. The employee of the rent a car company must inspect the car in the presence of the driver, and if there is damage, it must be carefully monitored so that he can evaluate it correctly.