Guacamole is a very popular recipe made from avocado. It is very famous in regions of Mexico. It is served as a refreshing cool dip with snacks.
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 minutes
Yield: enough for 4-5 people
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 red onion
- 1-2 serrano chillies, stems and seeds removed, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- A dash of freshly grated black pepper
- Cut avocados in two halves
- Remove the seed and scope out the pulp with a help of a spoon
- Mash the avocado with a help of a masher.
- Take 2 onions and finely chop the onions into small pieces.
- Chop some cilantro as well
- Squeeze juice of 2 lemons and keep aside.
- Now add the onions, cilantro and lime juice, according to taste and preference add salt and pepper to it.
- Take a half of the chilly pepper and add to the guacamole. If you prefer it to be hotter then you can add the whole chilly.
- Put the prepared guacamole in a bowl and immediately cover it with a cling foil to prevent oxidation
- Refrigerate it and serve chill as a side dip for snacks.
Key Ingredients analysis:
- Avocado: Avocados are very rich in “oleic acid”, which is a monounsaturated fat that helps in lowering cholesterol level. It also helps in reducing blood pressure level because of presence of potassium
- Fresh Lemon Juice:Fresh lemon juice is rich in natural vitamin C, one of the most powerful antioxidant. Lemon juice also contains Limonin which is known to prevent mouth, colon, skin and gums cancer. So, now you have more reasons to squeeze a fresh lemon juice over your salad, than just taste.
- Cilantro:Cilantro or coriander leaves are known to be very rich in flavonoids, phyto-nutrients, and active phenolic acid compounds. Cilantro aids in assisting the digestive system to produce digestive enzymes, which stimulates digestion through a process known as peristaltic motion