Summers are in full swing, unfortunately due to lockdown most of us must be missing ice-cream.
Not anymore, as you can enjoy homemade ice, which tastes just like the store brought ice-cream, but minus the preservatives but with the goodness of milk and whole wheat flour.
Preparation Time: 7-8hours
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: enough for 4-5 people
Milk- Full cream1 liter
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Wheat flour – 1 cup
Flavoring if required such as mango crush, strawberry crush, kiwi crush etc.– 1 tsp each
- Boil the milk and reduce it to half in a heavy bottom pan
- Add the sugar
- In a separate bowl take 1 cup of whole wheat flour and add in half a cup of milk and form a slurry
- Add slurry into the boiling milk slowly and mix well.
- Cook for 5 mins until thick.
- If it coats spatula or spoon the mix is ready.
- Turn off flame and let it cool
- After it cools down add the mixture into a grinding jar.
- Add the flavoring and churn on high speed for 4 mins to form air bubbles.
- Let it cool and then freeze it in refrigerator for 5-6 hours
To form layers of different flavors (strawberry, kiwi and mangoes)
- After grinding the mixture, divide the mixture into 3 halves
- To the first half add mango crush to the second half add strawberry crush and to the third half add kiwi crush
- Now take the first half and put it in the grinding jar and churn it on high speed for 4 mins to form air bubbles.
- Pour it into the container and let it set in the freezer
- Meanwhile now take the second half and put it in the grinding jar and churn it on high speed for 4 mins to form air bubbles.
- After 1 hour take the first half from the freezer, see if its somewhat set. If yes then pour the second mixture on top of the set ice-cream
- Put the container in the freezer again to let it set
- Take the third half and put it in the grinding jar and churn it on high speed for 4 mins to form air bubbles.
- After 1 hour take the container in which the 1st half and 2nd half is being set from the freezer, see if it’s somewhat set. If yes then pour the third mixture on top of the set ice-cream
- Now put the container in the freezer again to let it set
- Let the whole thing set for 5-6 hours.
- After 5-6 hours see if the ice-cream is set.
- Then add some strawberry syrup from top and form tiny drops of mango syrup and kiwi syrup
- Put it back in the freezer for one hour.
- Your ice cream is ready
- Keep in normal water for 30-40 sec to demould easily.
- Transfer onto a plate and cut.
- Ice cream is ready to serve. Enjoy…!!!